Auto accident lawyers based in New York stand ready to tackle the battery of tedious phone calls required to prosecute and resolve complex insurance cases. These lawyers ensure all necessary paperwork and forms for insurance, medical, and legal situations are completed accurately, thoroughly, and timely for their clients. A car accident attorney can help you obtain a copy of the police report for your wreck, too.
An injured person’s primary focus should be getting medical treatment and achieving a complete physical recovery, not talking to adjusters or obtaining police reports. These tasks add compounded and needless stress and distract from the primary goal of recovery for seriously injured victims and their families.
How Can a New York Car Accident Lawyer Help Me?
Auto insurance companies are required to pay reasonable, fair compensation for injuries stemming from car collisions to their insured and other covered parties who are injured in car accidents caused by their insured parties. In fact, auto insurers have written policies and contracts that set forth these very requirements on their behalves. Yet, somehow this still does not happen in all cases. Injured parties frequently feel beaten down, discouraged, and frustrated into accepting low-ball personal injury settlements from these insurers.
New York auto accident attorneys can provide the much needed legal acumen in these cases. These lawyers know how to negotiate and litigate auto crashes, and they can maximize the recoveries their clients obtain. They are familiar with New York state laws that govern auto injuries, the seatbelt defense, comparative fault principles, how insurance coverage internally operates, and how to effectively and persuasively use technical, complex litigation concepts such as accident reconstruction, biomechanics, and medical testimony in trials to the advantage of clients. Each tool in their skill sets is leveraged for injured victims to obtain the maximum potential recovery for their legal claims.
If you suffer from injuries sustained in the state of New York because of a car wreck caused by another driver’s fault, then you may be able to receive compensation for your damages, losses, and/or injuries, including:
- Lost wages for time missed from employment (including time spent going to doctors’ appointments, physical therapy, and court appearances)
- Any lost future earning capacity because of the accident
- Past, present, and future bills for medical treatment related to your accident injuries
- Emotional distress damages stemming from the car accident
- Permanent disability and disfigurement damages
- Repair or replacement of your vehicle and any property that was damaged or destroyed in the accident, such as personal property that was stored in your vehicle
- Other costs or out-of-pocket expenses that you have incurred because of the automobile accident, such as towing and storage fees
- Cost of hiring help to do household chores (cleaning, lawn care, cooking, shopping, childcare, etc.) that you are no longer able to perform due to your personal injury.
Questions to Ask When Hiring a New York Car Collision Lawyer
When choosing a New York-based car accident lawyer to handle your personal injury claim, you might consider asking some case-specific questions to guide you in making your decision and finding the right legal fit for your case. The candidates you screen should be willing to address your questions, as well as to alert you to key matters regarding your injury or property damage claim(s). Below are some pointed and targeted inquiries you might consider asking during your attorney screening process:
- How long has the attorney candidate practiced in the area of auto accident or personal injury law?
- Does the attorney candidate practice auto accident law on a regular basis? If so, what percentage of his or her legal practice does it comprise?
- Does the attorney candidate have experience successfully undertaking cases similar to your claim in facts and issues?
- Has the attorney candidate favorably settled a large number of cases on behalf of injured parties?
- Does the attorney candidate usually represent plaintiffs or defendants in auto accident and personal injury cases?
- Do former or current clients of the attorney candidate have positive statements or referrals to offer about their case experiences and relationship with the attorney?
- Does the attorney candidate have sufficient time, resources, and staff to undertake your case, given his or her current workload?
- Will the attorney candidate adequately and thoroughly explain New York’s legal process and all aspects and intricacies of your claims?
Locate a Local New York Car Accident Lawyer Today
A New York car accident attorney can represent you in court proceedings, ranging from motions hearings to trial, and can examine and evaluate your case to assess potential bases for recovery and probable damages stemming from the car wreck. He or she can highlight strengths and weaknesses of your case and outline the likely timeline for negotiating or litigating your car accident injury claim. A New York-based car collision lawyer can help you navigate the state court system and best position your claim for optimal recovery. Call now to speak with an auto accident lawyer in New York at 877-913-7222.